Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My first proposal poster ever!


An ambitious proposal? This was the first poster I ever made and in the end I was pretty proud of it. I did not create it like a normal poster just because it wasn't me when I did it according to the "norm" and I had fun making it more interactive. Anyway, I wanted to see whether our PETE program reflected the needs of the students we teach. Are we teaching future PE teachers to become successful teachers? Several ambiguous questions came up later on. What defines a successful teacher? Should we look at it from the student (child)'s perspective? Or from the teacher's perspective?
Still... my initial question still stands. Are we, as educators moving along with how our students learn these days? Technology has changed many aspects of our students' lives, especially when it comes to being physically active. How can we combine both PE and technology to "hook" the students to being more active? To believe in the purpose of movement? To enjoy moving? To want to move to be and stay healthy?
I have many questions... the biggest quest in graduate school is how I answer such questions. How do I put such questions in a research study? I often look to the broad picture and have a difficult time narrowing down my quest of inquiry.
That is what I am working on right now.
For a more detailed look of this poster, please go here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Helena: Until recently I had never heard of a proposal poster. Yours is very impressive and I was so happy to find your blog because I've been asked to present one and am hoping you can give me some tips on how to go about creating it. What software you used, your approach, etc.
Thanks
Candyce

Unknown said...

Hi Candyce,
I use power point to create all my posters. Feel free to leave your email or contact me so I can tell you more about it.
Thanks for your interest.
Helena

Unknown said...

Helena;

Thanks for your quick response. My email is crobb@twcny.rr.com. I'd love to hear from you and get some pointers.

Candyce

Exercise of the Day