Friday, April 2, 2010

Be careful what you wish for! Meet Duvel!

I believe a week went past after writing the last post (the one on wanting to get a dog) and having my wishes answered. As P and I were running on the trail in Fayetteville, a little puppy appeared a bit alone. He was left at a grassy area in the back of an apartment building that bordered the trail. We went around the building seeing if anyone just missed him but a couple in the building mentioned that they saw someone drop it off and left.
It angered me to know that people would do that because you can just call someone and they will come and get your puppy. Anyway, my luck but talking about bad timing! The next day I was bound to leave for Indianapolis for the AAHPERD conference! While I was on route I decided on a name. Duvel, a piece of Belgium and a wonderful beer full of spark :) I thought it would be appropriate.
I took him home and took this picture:
 While I was in Indianapolis, Katie took care of Duvel. Thank goodness for her! I did not know what I would have done without her. Duvel had fun with two lab/great dane mixes. But he stands his own as he believes he is a big dog!

After the AAHPERD conference I spent the week in Little Rock with Duvel where he loved the back yard of Dougs' house. He absolutely loves the outdoors! He also loves to walk and run on the trails.
Duvel is now about 9 to 10 weeks and is in puppy preschool. He still loves visiting his brother Samson and Sister Maggie and enjoys being loved. He is by far the most adorable dog ever and when he looks at you with those eyes you would be sold!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

支持你!!!期待你的更新!!!相信一定會更好!!!!..................................................................

Exercise of the Day