Thursday, January 8, 2009

Something in the air? It's Excitement!

I don't know what it is but I am excited about something! I think that my fitness program (Chalean Extreme) has a positive influence on my mood. I have been doing Chalean for almost 2 weeks now and I feel great. I also feel as if I am stronger and happier! I get things done now.
The other reason is probably because I am starting the new semester and have had contact with several people through twitter, Facebook and peers from school. I guess I just missed contact with people, more personal contact. I spent the last 4 weeks (except for Christmas) mainly by myself and I and I realize that that is not necessarily a good thing. I need people around me, not all the time but my desire to teach drives my will to continue living the good life. I usually teach skiing during the winter holidays but did not do that this time so not being able to teach affects me greatly. I think that creating my fitness syllabus got me excited about teaching again.
I am also excited that I will be going out to Mountain View, AR to go hike/run on trails. I love to be active in nature, it just makes me feel so lucky that I am healthy and alive. I can be out there running/walking for several hours, take a picnic and camera and just be out there. Enjoying being in the moment is an awesome feeling. Also, the purity of moving for several hours out in the open is thrilling to say the least. I remember going out to the Appalachian trail and standing on top of a rock with nothing but green around me. Wow. People often take nature for granted but I don't, I love nature and want to enjoy it for many many years to come. So, lesson: preserve, protect, conserve, respect, recycle and WALK TO SCHOOL/WORK! (That's just a note to my students :)

No comments:

Exercise of the Day