Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Insanity Fit Test #2

I was in fear of this moment but knew it would come at a rather bad time. Just ran like 28 miles or so on Saturday and knew fit test #2 was suppose to be that day. Decided to give my body some rest before hitting it hard. Anyway, after running 28 last Saturday (which was hard by the way but I knew it was going to be hard as it was my longest run since July), riding bike 20 miles on Sunday and taking Monday off from exercise, I started the Tuesday off with 2 jogging classes before getting to my fit test. I was ready and warmed up for this so here are the results and comparison from the first fit test.

Test 1 /Test 2
Switch Kicks: 83 /100
Power Jacks: 52 /52
Power Knees: 79 /97
Power Jumps: 20 /27
Globe Jumps: 9 /11
Suicide Jumps: 13 /14
Push Up Jacks: 20 /24
Low Plank Obliques: 52 /55

Improvement, yes. Do I feel or look any fitter... humnnn I dunno I was happy about some improvement but really suck at jumping... it just takes everything out of me. Now I have to say that I already did 24 push-ups in my classes with my students so I am proud I was able to do 24 jack push-ups as well.
What do I think of insanity after 2 week? It definitely has helped with my arm strength. I do not notice an affect in my running yet, mainly I am still too tired to do insanity AND run even though I have done it twice now but afterwards I am dead and worthless for two days. After two weeks, I am happy with the results and look forward to the next two weeks, I enjoy doing insanity and it keeps me from going insane in grad school so all is well :)

1 comment:

Nick Villa-Teschler said...

I'm starting the insanity program in november. any pointers? also i started a blog for it as well. it's called my journey into insanity

Exercise of the Day