Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Use Video Camera's in PE!

I am here at the PETE conference and some people were asking about the camera I use.
Just a quick note as I keep forgetting the type of camera I use in PE and I think it is awesome.
Using the Kodak zi6, I can tape all my students and they can look at their teaching session right away. I can also directly upload the video's into Youtube, Ning, wikis or other sources.
These camera's are great because you can use them just to tape moving students but I find them also useful to tape motor development sessions. You can slow down the movie so you can analyze the specific movements.
Here is what the camera looks like:















You can review the images right on the camera or upload them to the Internet for students to view. It takes only a few minutes to upload the movies.
At this moment, the product retails for about $150 but at times it goes on sale in Walmart and you can get it as a much cheaper price.

No comments:

Exercise of the Day