Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...


I guess that is what I am trying to do while writing my thesis. Keep going without losing it completely! AH, thesis writing is a time of pressure but it is also a time of closure as the end of a program is near. As this accumulation activity evolves before my eyes, I often reflect on when this process began. Why back in 2004 I wanted to start a Masters but did not just because I wanted to teach for a couple of years in a public school. I thought I would be a hypocrite if I taught teacher candidates how to teach without actually having the experience teaching in public schools. Now I must say that teaching PE, whether I was in a public school, private school, summer camp or after school programming, it is the same. Really, my teaching did not really change just because I taught in a public school. What did change was my experience with administration and politics and all that jazz. Stuff you rather not know anything about but I guess it is part of the deal. Anyway, makes you think that if teaching is teaching no matter where you teach, than that assumption may create more options for student teaching practicum in PETE programs.
However, I must say that I taught sports to large groups before teaching smaller classes. I also did my practicum in many different schools over 3 years. So maybe that assumption was not correct. What the heck am I talking about?
I have no clue, really, I am out of it and should not even be writing anything on this blog as I am writing my thesis. AAAAAAAHHH A couple more days. Finish Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, now I am writing chapter 6 which is half way done. Really, I have one more day of writing and than editing. Not that bad considering so I should be happy! Right? AH, well, I will be happy once my advisor tells me it's a go! Yes! That is when I will be satisfied! Next, defense, cruel it is, and than holiday? HA! Fat chance! I start work on July 1st. Ohh well, my choice I know... I know...
Just keep swimming....
Just keep swimming...

No comments:

Exercise of the Day