Monday, November 17, 2008

Mondays ...

Mondays are really tough on me and I am trying to figure out why they affect me so much. It is like no matter what good foot I put forth, I always seem to get down on myself a bit on Monday. Several reasons perhaps:
1) Tired from the weekend? I don't think so... slept much.
2) Not wanting to go back to work/class? Well, I do find that the courses I am taking at this time are someone repetitive and I am not being challenged enough. Even though I am busy, it is a lot of "busy" work, not too challenging to my mind. In fact, the extra online course I decided to take during this semester has challenged me more than anything. I guess it is probably because I am learning new things and it is related to my research. OR... it is a course from the U of M where I was used to being asked tough questions, think critically, reflect and have active dialogues, think outside the box, solve problems,... The courses I am taking here are at the moment fairly straight forward mainly based on theory and facts. The philosophical side of research is something that often challenged me at the U of M but I have yet to get that here. I am taking mostly courses that I have actually already taking at the U of M so it is normal that I am less challenged.
3) Catching up: yes, big deal! I wanted to have my weekends free from work and study so I can get down on all the work that piles up and I have to catch up on during the week. I love being busy but it does add stress, stress I don't need. I know that all I need is a couple of hours in the weekend but I really like to have that time off! Time for myself and those I love.
I think I need to relax more on Monday. I have everything planned out for the weekend, I know I will get there, I just need to be patient and let it flow. That is difficult for me. I always want to be two steps ahead of everything, even my own thought but in reality, there is so much I must learn and being open to new knowledge also means being patient. Yes I must learn a lot but everything in time and place. I must acknowledge what I have learned thus far and look forward to so much I will learn in the near future!

No comments:

Exercise of the Day