Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Activate the World!

Activating the world of my students is my goal this year! How will I do that or at least try to attempt to do it? By giving the students active assignments, creating possibilities for them to socialize within an active environment and connecting technology to all of this.
Step 1: Active homework: yes you heard me. All my students will need to organize one active session with a partner that I can attend. We must all be active for at least 45 minutes and it must be free of cost. Additional marks are given to those who motivate others to join the active session. IN the end I hope to have my mornings filled with activities that create active students. Additionally, relationships will be created and is that not the first step of motivating people? Creating positive supportive environments! I guess the real experiment starts on Aug. 25th. So stay tuned. Even though this assignment was designed for my fitness concepts course, I will provide the students from my other courses (bowling and jogging) to join in the fun! In order to accomplish that, I must create a schedule for me and the students, which I did (wiki). Second, I created a class blog where all my students will sign up for. This blog will show the schedule and students can connect with others to join in the active sessions.
If it works, I hope to get everyone motivated and active!

No comments:

Exercise of the Day