Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Key to life: Running and Reading

Will Smith is saying it! Love what you do and do what you love.

Running and reading are according to him the keys to life.
When he talks about running he mentions that there is a little voice inside of you that wants you to quit and when you learn how to defeat that voice when you are running, you "will learn how to not quit when things get hard in your life".

I am not sure if I can test this but I do know from experience that running seems a lot easier after I ran my first 25K. Even 30 minutes was difficult before, now that I know I can run almost 3 hours without stopping, I know I can run for an hour each day if I want to and it seems so much easier. Ultra runners run 50 to 100 miles, 4 to 24 hours or longer. Why do they do it? Once you run that distance, a 5K or even a 25K must seem like peanuts! The key is to figure out how to get to that point. How to train and motivate yourself to run those distances. The love of running!

Second point Will talks about is reading! I truly believe in the power of books, text, in written or electronic form, it doesn't matter. Reading provides you with new knowledge, new insights, the ability to reflect, think, compare and make judgments, the ability to learn.

Check out Will!

No comments:

Exercise of the Day