Monday, August 4, 2008

Multiple Intelligences Presentation and Wordle

Alright, you do NOT, I repeat NOT want to read this paper but at least it is over and done with. Some adjustments will be made tomorrow but it is now 7:16 pm and i have been here in the library all day and I am tired! I had to take a summer course and decided to take this course that deals with management in higher education and new faculty. Great! Should really spark many ideas and at first it did. However, after realizing quickly that an assignment required us to create, develop and carry out a complete research project, my 4 weeks of summer turned out slightly different. During the 4 weeks I also had to allot one week to go to Canada to defend! That was as mentioned before an amazing experience and I will never forget that. But really, how can one do a complete research project in 4 weeks? I thought it would be a great challenge and maybe at first it was but finding out that survey research would be the only way to get fast answers was one thing, doing the analysis and understanding the statistics was another. You really can't learn stats in one week! You just can't and it frustrated the heck out of me. I just have to be honest in my defeat and acknowledge that this is the worst paper I have ever and hopefully will ever write. I don't want to take another summer course anymore ever just because I believe students need a break just as profs do. But unfortunately that may not happen so I will continue, step by step. I know this project created a period where emotions ran high and confusion controlled my thoughts, however, I did learn that I still have lots to learn and if anything, this project did inspire me to learn more. I always thought I wanted to be a professor that was well-rounded, so I must begin my quest to understand both qual and quan research and how perhaps the two can be combined. Many thoughts run through my head and these often keep me awake at night so I must also learn to let go, quiet my mind and relax. I have promised myself that I will take it easy the next few weeks before classes. Taking time for myself, taking care of my body and exploring the horizon! Well, especially the web 2.0. world. : So I jut keep in mind my motto: just keep swimming, just keep swimming and everything will be alright.



No comments:

Exercise of the Day